Spicy Baked Eggs

/ 1 comment
So a couple of weeks ago, I woke up with a huge craving for something spicy. It was a chilly morning so it was the perfect weather to burn the bejeezus out of my mouth. I came up with the idea of making my own version of baked spanish eggs, using whatever I found in my fridge and pantry. Couldn't find much which was quite funny because I always have a never ending supply of things in the pantry! So I scraped out as much as I could and I ended up with this! Enjoy!


Baked Spanish Eggs!

Serves 1

1 small red onion, diced or finely sliced
1 large red tomato, diced
1 medium hot red chilli, finely chopped or 1 1/2 tsp hot chilli powder (or the amount of chilli you prefer)
1 whole egg
Optional: Garlic or any type of meat, mince meat, sucuk (Turkish sausage), etc.

Preheat the oven to 180C fan forced or 200C.

Place a knob of butter in a pan and cook the onion for about 1-2 mins. Don't let it go too soft because it's going to cook in the oven as well.

Put the tomatoes and the chilli in the same pan and cook with the onions for another 1-2 mins.

Place the onions, tomatoes and chilli in a oven safe bowl. Make a well in the middle and crack the egg.

Put the bowl in the oven and cook until the egg is cooked.

Toast a large slice of crunchy bread and serve with the cooked spanish eggs! Ready to eat! YUM!

Optional:

  • If you would like to have any type of meat in it, I would cook it before the onions and once the it looks cooked I would add the onions and continue the recipe as normal.
  • You could also add fresh garlic. I regret not doing so because it enhances the flavour 

I hope you enjoy my version of spanish eggs and maybe changed it up a bit! If you have any suggestions, please share them and write it in the comments below!

1 comment:

Powered by Blogger.