Carrot Cake Oats!

/ Leave a Comment
I absolutely love oats! They're super easy to make, super delicious and they fill me right up! I like to jazz up my oats so I don't get bored from eating them so often, so this week I made carrot cake oats. It was super delicious and creamy and every mouthful tasted like a super moist carrot cake, hence the name. The only thing missing was the crunch factor! Unfortunately I didn't have any nuts at home which was a huge let down! But it was delicious all the same.


Carrot Cake Oats

1/3 cup Uncle Toby's three grain oats
2/3 cup milk
1 small carrot, finely grated*
1 tsp mixed spice*
1 tsp cinnamon*
Sweetener of your choice (sugar, honey, etc)
Topping of your choice (walnuts, etc)

Mix the carrot, mixed spice, cinnamon and oats in a bowl. Add the milk and stir until well combined.

Microwave for 1min 30secs or cook on the stove top for about 2 mins or until cooked through.

Top with crushed walnuts. Ready to serve.

*I used a small grater to grate the carrots super small and fine so they can cook well.
*Mixed spice contains allspice, nutmeg and cinnamon, so you can omit the cinnamon if you want to but I felt that it wasn't enough.

Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.